A mastiff type breed, the Cane Corso Mastiff is relatively rare, better known in his native Italy. Bred to be a hunter and protector, he’s large, muscular and powerful. Your Cane Corso Mastiff puppy is smart and easily trained and will form close bonds with the family. As a natural athlete, he needs lots of exercise. Grooming is easy; his thick coat rarely sheds and is completely waterproof.
Some dogs may be faced with these health challenges in their lives, but the majority of Cane Corso Mastiffs are very healthy dogs and strong pets for families with children. This breed may be affected by bloat, a digestive disorder of the stomach.
- Personality: Smart, trainable, and noble of bearing; assertive and confident, Corsi are peerless protectors
- Energy Level: Somewhat Active; Quick, athletic, powerful, these big bruisers enjoy their exercise time
- Good with Children: Better with Supervision
- Good with other Dogs: With Supervision
- Shedding: Seasonal
- Grooming: Occasional
- Trainability: Responds Well
- Height: 25-27.5 inches (male), 23.5-26 inches (female)
- Weight: Proportionate to height
- Life Expectancy: 9-12 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary